Excellence in Academics, Leadership, Research & Innovation
Dalhousie University is internationally known as one of North America’s most welcoming universities. Founded in 1818, Dalhousie is one of the oldest universities, attracting more than 18,200 students around the world. The university blends world-class academic programs with leading-edge research.
Story of Success
Thanks to the generosity of alumni, faculty, staff and friends, Bold Ambitions: The Campaign for Dalhousie exceeded its original $250 million goal—raising $280 million and becoming the largest fundraiser in Dalhousie’s nearly 200-year history.
- A thank you – the need to recognize historic donors as well as those in the Bold Ambitions campaign
- Culture of philanthropy – the students of today are the donors of tomorrow, so highlighting the importance of philanthropy to their success was necessary
- Donor engagement program – a way to increase donations and donor retention in the future
Strategy & Consultation
- Use previous campaign success as a launching point for ongoing cumulative gifts and donor stewardship
- Determine location as a strategic gathering point
- Standardize and centralize recognition elements
- Create a sustainable system to promote new donations and increase donor retention
- A communication piece to tell Dalhousie’s story in a meaningful way
- Artistic creation to inspire viewers and to complement its environment
- Recognition of all donation levels in an appropriate format
- Ability to easily and economically refresh the presentation for years to come
- Developed detailed project timelines to coordinate with Dalhousie’s multiple schedules
- The chosen location was a concrete slanted wall, which created an interesting challenge for the Brook team to engineer a totally vertical creation
- Extensive installation planning to minimize on-site disruption to daily operations
“On behalf of Dalhousie University, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Brook Recognition Systems for creating a beautiful piece of art that celebrates our donors’ life-time commitment to our institution.”
“From the beginning, Brook was open to our thoughts and ideas, taking the time to understand what we wanted to accomplish and why. Initially, we had many goals but through Brook’s guidance we were able to better define our purpose which led to an end result that surpasses all our expectations.”
~ Nancy Farmer, Manager, Donor Relations
CONSULT WITH BROOK TODAY FOR STRATEGIES TO HELP YOU INSPIRE DONATIONS, INCREASE DONOR RETENTION, AND BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS WITH YOUR DONORS.